Compact version of our legendary Element backpack with a smaller, comfortable CarryLite Ergo system & recycled AX Carbon shell. An extremely functional, tactile camera backpack for shorter users with less equipment bulk.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 725
- Model color:
- Recycled, tough and weatherproof ReGen AX Carbon and Ballistic 1650D shell
More info at 'Fabrics and Production'
- expandable rolltop daypack storage for additional volume with optional velcro flap closure at the top end (with silencer option)
- innovative Fidlock buckle on the rolltop - opens in a second just using two fingers, automatic magnetic closing & latching securely
- side quick access to have your camera ready within seconds
- the zippers on the quick access and front pocket can be locked to prevent theft using two built-in carabiners sitting in the left tripod pocket.
- spacious side water bottle pocket which can also be used for larger tripods, a gimbal etc.
- smaller slide-in pocket with fastening straps on the quick access side for compact tripods, smaller drinking bottles or similar items
- compagnon CarryLite ergo system based on comfortable 3D AirMesh padding for first class ventilation, ergonomics and fit
- ErgoBelt hipfins to provide an effective relief of shoulders, spine and neck, for ideal performance the Element backpack 20L is recommended for users up to 175cm body height. For significantly longer spines the Element backpack 30L is better suited
- ErgoBelt hipfins can be taken off easily whenever needed
- ergonomically padded 3D AirMesh shoulder straps without pressuring seams on the edges, added metal attachment D-rings on the front to fasten accessoriers if needed
- excess strap length on the hipfins and rolltop straps feature integrated 'strap garage' retainers for sleek, organized look
- highly water resistant YKK Aquaguard zippers with glove-compatible handle loops all around the exterior
- the design on the clamshell opening of the main storage allows for laptop compartment access without opening the backpack completely and expose the content
- side zipper pocket with expanding folds adapting to even bulkier items while maintaining a slim profile
- the mudcover can be cleaned under water and air-dried separated from the backpack (included)
- spacious slide-in pocket with velcro flap closure
- subtle Hypalon loop on the floor panel to mount a (bike rear)light for added security in low light areas or at night
- the rolltop daypack section offers a silencer option for the velcro flap so you can access quietly or have maximum protection
- main storage compartment with protective padding all around to ensure safe, flexible transport of your gear
- total of 10 versatile velcro velours dividers to adapt the storage to any kind of kit (three pads with built-in folding function)
- added soft flex pockets on three of the dividers, perfectly suited for filters, batteries, lens caps, remoted, adapters and more
- total of 10 velcro fastening straps to secure small or especially heavy/bulky tech you would like to fasten even more
- separator wall between rolltop and main storage can be opened by a zipper if needed
- subtle interior zipper pocket inside the rolltop is ideal for high security transport of wallet, documents, cards, ID, tickets and more
- very spacious front organizer pocket with mesh zipper pocket, elastic slide-in pockets, compartments and loops for your everyday carry needs
- additionally padded laptop compartment up to 13" screen sizes (Macbook Pro 2019 or newer also 14")
- two zipper mesh pockets to be arranged anywhere in the storage area using a velcro base (included)
- depending on number of leses & camera size(s) you can fit more of fewer cameras
- compact mirrorless cameras like Leica M10, Leica Q2, Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Fujifilm X-T4 and similar
- compact APS-C DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 80D, Nikon D500 and others
- mirrorless fullframe systems like Sony Alpha a7R IV, Canon R6, Nikon Z7 II and more
- fullframe DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 6D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, Nikon D750 etc.
*with bodies exceeding an overall height of 14-15 centimeters it may not be possible to add a laptop as well
- lenses with a max length of 34 centimeters do fit in the main storage
- with even larger tele lenses you can open the separator wall between the rolltop and the main storage to access even more capacity. This is usually not a permanent carrying layout but can help fitting lenses up to around 60cm in length for a brief occasion
- common zoom lenses like Sony 70-200mm f/4 will fit solo or mounted to most cameras straight across the main storage. This combo will thus be accessible through the quick access, too
- quick accessibility is also guaranteed with a wide range of fast prime lenses like the popular Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4, EF 85mm f/1.2, 135mm f/2, 14mm f/2.8 etc.
- separately padded laptop compartment for laptops up to 13 inch size (Macbook Pro from 2019 also 14 inch)
- according to the size of the camera kit you can add a compact drone setup, for example a DJI Mavic Air 2 with accessories
- the rolltop daypack gives you extra space for an additional jacket, a lunchbox, a bike helmet, a drone case, a second pair of shoes or clean clothes
- water bottles, compact to larger tripods gimbals or similar things can be placed on both exterior sides of the bag
- documents, notepads, filters, gloves and various other utensils will fit in the expanding side pocket and the deep front flap pocket
AX Carbon ReGen Nylon
- Regen is a recycled nylon yarn, 'regenerated' from 100% plastic waste. Each kilo saves up to 7 kilos of CO2 compared to regular production and cuts down on necessary use of petroleum-based resources massively
- Added to the ecological benefits the tensile strength, durability and weatherproofing are well within the standout performers in textile outdoor technology
- For dirt and water repellency, which is a given for a compagnon Element Line product, a DWR durable water repellent coating is added to the fibre. This coating is free of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), which are harmful to health and environment
- Its first-class performance is improved further for our products by combining regen Nylon with the AX Carbon technology
- AX Carbon reinforces the entire laminate with its grid structure, characteristic for our Element Line products. High-tenacity bundled strands improve tear strength, durability and stability of the exterior shell massively
- Even though multiple fabrics and technologies blend into this incredible laminate, the overall weight is so light, that only few fibers can match it, even though the competition is less durable, strong and functional
- Created for demanding outdoor use this compagnon Element does protect your equipment just as well as the planet you're set to explore
Recycling and Manufacturing without Greenwashing
Recycling and frugal, caring use of all resources is essential. Sadly, the demand for especially cheap recycling fibers has skyrocketed worldwide so, not uncommonly, PET bottles are being made with considerable amounts of energy and resources just to be shredded in a neighboring facility to be 'recycled'. That's not what we call environmentally-friendly practice. Without greenwashing this would be a great start instead of a plastic bluff package.
Therefore our ReGen AX Carbon Nylon fiber shell and the lighter inner fabrics are made from industrial plastic waste. Many industrial production processes generate large amounts of resource, which tends to comprise extraordinary quality and purity plastics still not being recycled as often as they should. So we're heading into this direction and thus can save up to 7kg of CO2 for each kilo of yarn made this way. Not to mention the reduction in use of petroleum-based and other resources.
The axiom of our manufacturing, to establish fair and responsible production conditions according to high European standards in areas where the know-how in manufacturing of outdoor garments is based for decades, is still our focus. Partnering with world-renowned, innovating outdoor brands we continue to drive this change. In our video from the Element Line manufacturing we show and share more details and these insights are equally valid for the Adapt products as well.
ca. 43 x 28 x 20 cm (HxWxD, unloaded)
ca. 40 x 25 x 15 cm (HxWxD, unloaded)
Interior Measurements Rolltop;
max. ca. 25cm high x 32cm wide
fits laptops with 13 inch screens (14" 2019 Macbook Pro will fit)
ca. 1.6 kilos