This compagnon does not only impress by its size that’s specious enough for a professional photo setup, but also because it looks distinctly dapper and casually special. When it comes to air travel it is carry-on compliant.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 313
- Model color:
- Depending on the number of lenses & camera size(s) you can fit 2-5 camera bodies
- compact mirrorless cameras like Leica M10, Leica Q2, Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Fujifilm X-T4 and similar
- compact APS-C DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 90D, Nikon D5600, and others
- mirrorless fullframe systems like Sony Alpha a7R IV, Canon R5, Nikon Z7 II, and more
- fullframe DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 6D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, Nikon D750, Canon EOS 1Dx, Nikon D6, etc.
- medium format cameras like Fujifilm GFX100, Hasselblad X1D II 50c, Hasselblad H6D, Leica S3, PhaseOne XF IQ4 etc.
- lenses with a max length of about 24 centimeters do fit in the main storage vertically
- horizontally the bag can accommodate a camera-lens combo up to 46 centimeters long overall
- common fast zoom lenses like the popular 70-200mm f/2.8 will fit solo or even mounted to a camera standing in the bag vertically
- this also applies to a wide range of fast prime lenses like the popular Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4, EF 85mm f/1.2, 135mm f/2, 14mm f/2.8, etc.
- separately padded laptop compartment for laptops up to 15 inch size (Macbook Pro from 2019 also 16 inch)
- according to the size of the camera kit you can add a compact drone setup, for example, a DJI Mavic Pro with accessories
- the large opening flap provides a great overview on all the equipment and easy access. Packing, accessing and organizing your camera kit and other contents becomes incredibly convenient
- documents, notepads, filters, batteries, gloves, and various other utensils will fit in the exterior front pockets and the spacious rear pocket
Features & Specs
Fabrics and Craftsmanship
- tradition of the finest leather crafting, resulting in a camera duffle bag in timeless design. Its exterior looks like a dapper leather travel bag without any hints of its purpose as a pro-grade camera & gear bag
- fair responsible manufacturing with minimized ecological footprint is crucial for us. The hide for our famous leather originates from pastures in southern Germany, often even directly from our home region itself. We do not believe in all-time animal housing, and we do not purchase hide of cattle kept inside too much. Our leathers show unique pores and certain irregularities, reflecting the free and pristine life of the animal
- all compagnon leathers are created by a small, family-owned, traditional tannery in Germany. Strictly sticking to vegetal, natural tanning without using chemicals to achieve color or a certain feel. All that's needed is craftsmanship and attention to detail
- the natural tanning process incorporates organic oils and waxes into the pores of the leather. These make sure even the leather on the weekender offers dependable weatherproofing. Putting some organic leather care, like our homemade 'the beewax', on the leather every 6-12 months will keep it weatherproof year after year
- compagnon leather products are made by our experienced seamstresses, artisans, and craftsmen in our workshop near the city of Cracow
Get all-access info about our workshop and get even more details on our fabrics and materials at the segment 'Fabrics and Production' above
- compagnon fans not only love the unique look and luxurious feel of our leather products. Protection for your equipment is great. Our leather is weatherproof, durable and combines with the all-around protective padding to result in a dependable compagnon for many, many years
- compagnon weekender models share a timeless, classic look with modern and functional features being hidden well. For example, there are magnets within the leather on the storage flap, so it falls right in the correct spot. Paired with YKK Duo zippers opening and closing the bag is easy
- the practical front pockets of our weekender or little weekender models use a built-in leather zipper cover to hold off the weather
- the spacious rear zipper pocket nearly spans the entire width of the bag, providing plenty of storage with super easy access
- the weekender and little weekender bags also come with a rear trolley-/suitcase-mount so travelling with these compagnons is extra easy
- on the floor of your weekender you'll find solid metal feet, which, in combination with the reinforced floor panel, provide dependable footing
- the detachable wide shoulder belt is backed by a high-tenacity military nylon layer. For added comfort, there is a detachable leather & foam shoulder pad, which you can position according to your preference
- even the most dependable shoulder strap will not provide security if loops, carabiners and rings are not top-notch. Our solid metal hooks, adjusters, and fasteners on the weekender are not just extremely strong but also feature a Gunmetal surface finish for extra protection, durability and unique looks
- all exterior zippers are made by the world leader in zipper technology: YKK. They are unprecedented ruggedness, durability, and a superior experience of use
- the weekender comes with 'passive anti-theft' functionality, as it is not recognizable as a camera bag from the outside at all, appearing like a sophisticated leather travel duffle
- main storage compartment with protective padding all around to ensure safe, flexible transport of your gear
- the interior is lined with a German premium Velcro velours. Its fastening and bonding strength with our velcro pads and accessories exceeds the levels of common Velcro linings. Also, it allows for massively more fastenings and removals than other velours options
- the layout of the main storage enables you to use part of the capacity for camera gear while segmenting an area for other travel luggage as well
- subtle interior pocket is ideal for high-security transport of wallet, documents, cards, ID, tickets, and more
- with 4 large and 8 medium-sized Velcro velours dividers to adapt the storage to any kind of kit
- total of 8 Velcro fastening straps to secure small or especially heavy/bulky tech you would like to fasten even more
- separately padded laptop compartment up to 15" screen sizes (Macbook Pro 2019 or newer also 16") with leather strap fastener
Leather & materials Gen III
New Generation III
Gen III compagnons break new ground while still sticking to the beloved specs and features of its predecessors. To blend indulgence and true ecological awareness even more, we stuck to an all natural tanning process, which is now carried out very close to our home base in Southern Germany. Our new compagnon leather is barrel tanned and extensively worked and refined by hand. The German raw leather builds more character during this process and shows the natural pores and characteristics of the hide more clearly. The pull-up effect of previous models, which built patina and character from use over time, is no longer part of the Generation III. Our latest compagnons will not change during use and not need any time to develop a more characterful color and structure. This change provides an even higher durability and weatherproofing. To achieve these qualities of the Gen III leather, still no chemicals or harmful additives like Chrome are needed. It requires more manual craft, more time, more knowledge and passion. From now on, the sameness of colors on our leather models will also improve so different compagnons made from different hide match each other in color more perfectly. Along with these changes, the surface feel is even smoother for a more luxurious and more valuable experience in use.
Our compagnon Gen III leather, from the first step of its local and traditionally natural crafting, to it dependability for years and years, is an embodiment of a ecologically and socially responsible product.
Finishing our latest Gen III, we refined features and details on our weekender and messenger products. As few raw hide had a extra soft rear structure, so all weekender & little weekender models use our velcro velour on the lid to allow for even more convenient applications of accessories and make sure no leather fibres get into the bag. Equally the lid on all messengers is now double clad with our leather to ensure a clean interior and equipment. The metal parts on our Heritage Line leather bags still feature a Vintage Gunmetal coating to match the dependability of our Generation III models. Measurements and interior dimensions are kept identical to the previous 2.0 models. This way your equipment will fit as usual and you can use accessories and your preferred setup with the latest models perfectly.
We continue to use a hidden front closure made by German extreme sports brand Fidlock for all messenger models. An incredible, magnetically closing mechanism and securely hatching. Simple pull the bag's lid downwards top open. Light, durable, super secure and operating absolutely silent. The weekender, which can handle up to 16" laptops, like Macbook Pro from 2020 and newer, in its separate padded compartment, still features a Velcro leather fastener, securing your laptop in place without the risk of fine scratches on your equipment.
Leather and manufacturing
Natural compagnon Leder
Natural & traditional crafting methods carried out by local partners are and have been a must for compagnon products for years. Starting in summer 2022, our exclusive compagnon leather is headed towards even higher levels of quality. Using selected German cow hide, a local and strictly natural tanning process creates a durable but still smooth leather for our Heritage Line bags and backpacks. Each hide, and respectively each compagnon product made from it, shows unique structure and character, reflecting the life of that very animal. Achieving absolute sameness in look, which can only be achieved by housing the animal close to 100 percent of its life, is something we do not believe in. A near-natural, better than appropriate life of the animals used for compagnon products are of utmost importance. This provides a responsible, but also beautiful and natural compagnon leather.
Despite its amazing look, feel and quality, no harmful chemicals are needed to create genuine compagnon leather. It is completely safe and harmless to your health (or everyone's health around you), even in intense use. We do not use harmful ingredients like chrome or chemical agents to achieve absolute color sameness in our tanning. With generations of leather tanning experience, we can achieve consistent colors with natural processes alone. Also, compagnon leather is a strictly local product for which the know-how of small, family-run businesses is combined. As we do not recommend putting chemical, industrial leather care products on such a pure leather product, we created our personally(!) homemade, fully organic ‚the beewax‘ leather care. It refreshes the color and the original weatherproofing as well as keeping the leather from drying out.
All compagnon leather products are meticulously handcrafted in our workshop close to the city of Cracow. Find out more in our behind-the-scenes tour at our workshop where all our leather and canvas bags & backpacks are made.
Scope of delivery
- 4x divider large
- 8x divider short
- 8x leather Velcro gear fastening straps
- 1x leather shoulder strap cushioned pad (detachable)