The unique, true to its name, is the first camera bag specially tailored for creative, modern women. It holds anything from a full-frame DSLR like a Nikon D850 or Canon 5D Mark IV plus several (zoom) lenses and a 13″ Macbook Pro or large iPad Pro.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 404
- Model color:
Black / Gold
- Depending on the number of lenses & camera size(s) you can fit 2 camera bodies
- compact mirrorless cameras like Leica M10, Leica Q2, Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Fujifilm X-T4 and similar
- compact APS-C DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 90D, Nikon D5600, and others
- mirrorless fullframe systems like Sony Alpha a7R IV, Canon R5, Nikon Z7 II, and more
- fullframe DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 6D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, Nikon D750 etc.
*certain fullframe bodies with battery grip or similar dimensions may fit without carrying a laptop at the same time
- lenses with a max length of about 25 centimeters do fit in the main storage vertically
- horizontally the bag can accommodate a camera-lens combo up to 37 centimeters long overall
- common fast zoom lenses like the popular 70-200mm f/2.8 will fit solo or even mounted to a camera standing in the bag vertically
- this also applies to a wide range of fast prime lenses like the popular Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4, EF 85mm f/1.2, 135mm f/2, 14mm f/2.8, etc.
- separately padded laptop compartment for laptops up to 13 inch size (2021 Macbook Pro up to 14 inch)
- according to the size of the camera kit you can add a compact drone setup, for example, a DJI Air 2S with accessories
- documents, notepads, filters, batteries, gloves, and various other utensils will fit in the exterior front pocket
Features & Specs
Fabrics and Craftsmanship
- tradition of the finest leather crafting, resulting in a camera bag of timeless design. Its exterior looks like a dapper leather bag without any hints of its purpose as a pro-grade camera & gear bag
- fair responsible manufacturing with minimized ecological footprint is crucial for us. The hide for our famous leather originates from pastures in southern Germany, often even directly from our home region itself. We do not believe in all-time animal housing, and we do not purchase hide of cattle kept inside too much. Our leathers show unique pores and certain irregularities, reflecting the free and pristine life of the animal
- all compagnon leathers are created by a small, family-owned, traditional tannery in Germany. Strictly sticking to vegetal, natural tanning without using chemicals to achieve color or a certain feel. All that's needed is craftsmanship and attention to detail
- the natural tanning process incorporates organic oils and waxes into the pores of the leather. These make sure even the leather on the messenger offers dependable weatherproofing. Putting some organic leather care, like our homemade 'the beewax', on the leather every 6-12 months will keep it weatherproof year after year
- compagnon leather products are made by our experienced seamstresses, artisans, and craftsmen in our workshop near the city of Cracow
Get all-access info about our workshop and get even more details on our fabrics and materials at the segment 'Fabrics and Production' above
- compagnon fans not only love the unique look and luxurious feel of our leather products. Protection for your equipment is great. Our leather is weatherproof, durable and combines with the all-around protective padding to result in a dependable compagnon for many, many years
- the compagnon unique shows a timeless, classic tote bag look with functional features a professional or hobby photographer requires
- for added security, there is a interior zipper pocket. The perfect place to put valuables like cash, cards and travel documents
- the spacious front zipper pocket provides storage with super easy, quick access
- on the floor of your unique you'll find solid metal feet, which, in combination with the reinforced floor panel, provide dependable footing
- the detachable shoulder belt is made from strong and dependable leather. For added comfort, there is a detachable leather & foam shoulder pad, which you can position according to your preference. It also fits round the leather handles to carry your compagnon like a classic tote bag under your arm
- even the most dependable shoulder strap will not provide security if loops, carabiners and rings are not top-notch. Our solid metal D-rings, carabiners, adjusters, and fasteners on the unique are not just extremely strong but also feature a chrome or gold finish for extra protection, durability and extraordinary looks
- all exterior zippers are made by the world leader in zipper technology: YKK. They are unprecedented ruggedness, durability, and a superior experience of use. Even though the zippers are made from metal, they are especially polished to remove edges and make them extra smooth and unharmful to skin and tech
- this compagnon comes with 'passive anti-theft' functionality, as it is not recognizable as a camera bag from the outside at all, appearing like a sophisticated leather tote bag
- main storage compartment with protective padding all around to ensure safe, flexible transport of your gear
- the interior is lined with a German premium Velcro velours. Its fastening and bonding strength with our velcro pads and accessories exceeds the levels of common Velcro linings. Also, it allows for massively more fastenings and removals than other velours options
- the layout of the main storage enables you to use part of the capacity for camera gear while segmenting an area for other daily carry
- the versatile front pocket has plenty of room for a smartphone, pens or stylus, wallet, keys, tissues and more
- with two large and two smaller sized Velcro velours dividers to adapt the storage to any kind of kit, even stacking smaller items on top of each other
- separately padded laptop compartment up to 13" screen sizes (2021 Macbook Pro up to 14 inch)
Unique compagnon leather
Genuine compagnon bull leather is tanned and toned according to our strict specifications by a traditional family run tannery in Northern Germany. Maintaining the natural qualities of this wonderful material is the main focus in this process. Traditional craftsmanship and the use of organic ingredients like various waxes and oils result in the unique ‘pull-up’ characteristic. This feature is a permanent quality that allows for the leather to retain distinctive patina from the individual use of the bag, backpack or camera strap. Therefore the owner and his surroundings have an immediate influence on the looks, feel and character of the product and its change over time. Just like vintage leather armchairs found at an old colonial club room, a compagnon product will tell stories about its life and the adventures its been on together with its owner. Unlike any other bag, a compagnon will grow on you and will become a part of your history and your emotions.
compagnon leather is non-toxic and safe for all children and adults, even in intense use and prolonged skin contact.
This is one of the reasons why we’re strictly recommending our compagnon ‘the beewax’ as the preferred leather care product. In most other leather care products, toxic chemicals or additives are used, which will compromise the unharmful quality of compagnon leather.
The ‘beewax’ is handmade by compagnon using solely organic ingredients. The ‘beewax’ is available at our webshop.
compagnon products are handmade in Europe.
Take our tour behind the scenes and find out about craftsmanship and manufacturing at compagnon.
(video features English subtitles.)
Scope of delivery
– 2x separator pad large
– 2x separator pad small
– 1x leather shoulder strap pad (detachable)
Exterior dimensions (top)
– 12 inch (height) x 18.1 inch (width) x 3.9 inch (depth, zipper closed)
Exterior dimensions (floor height)
– 12 inch (height) x 14.6 inch (width) x 6.9 inch (depth)
– 9.4 inch (height) x 16.3 inch (width) x 6.5 inch (floor depth)
laptop compartment dimensions
- 31,5 cm (width), perfect for 13″ Macbook Pro (2021 Macbook Pro up to 14 inch)
– ca. 1,4 kg incl. shoulder strap
ca. 1,2 kg excl. shoulder strap