nano messenger Gen III
Available in 42 days, delivery time acc. destination country
- Depending on the number of lenses & camera size(s) you can even fit multiple camera bodies
- compact mirrorless cameras like Leica M10, Leica Q2, Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Fujifilm X-T4 and similar
- compact APS-C DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 850D, Nikon D5600, and others
- lenses with a max length of about 15 centimeters do fit in the main storage vertically
- horizontally the bag can accommodate a camera-lens combo up to 21 centimeters long overall
- the height of the nano messenger can accommodate compact zoom lenses like a 16-35 f/4
- the nano messenger is perfectly suited for compact, fast primes like Leica Summilux 28mm f1.7 or Leica Noctilux-M 75mm f1.25
- the front slide-in pocket can fit a smartphone, filter case or similar
- wallet, keys, filters, compact powerbank or various other small utensils will fit in the exterior rear pocket
Features & Specs
Fabrics and Craftsmanship
- tradition of the finest leather crafting, resulting in a camera bag in timeless design. Its exterior looks like a dapper leather bag without any hints of its purpose as a pro-grade camera & gear bag
- fair responsible manufacturing with minimized ecological footprint is crucial for us. The hide for our famous leather originates from pastures in southern Germany, often even directly from our home region itself. We do not believe in all-time animal housing, and we do not purchase hide of cattle kept inside too much. Our leathers show unique pores and certain irregularities, reflecting the free and pristine life of the animal
- all compagnon leathers are created by a small, family-owned, traditional tannery in Germany. Strictly sticking to vegetal, natural tanning without using chemicals to achieve color or a certain feel. All that's needed is craftsmanship and attention to detail
- the natural tanning process incorporates organic oils and waxes into the pores of the leather. These make sure even the leather on the messengers offers dependable weatherproofing. Putting some organic leather care, like our homemade 'the beewax', on the leather every 6-12 months will keep it weatherproof year after year
- compagnon leather products are made by our experienced seamstresses, artisans, and craftsmen in our workshop near the city of Cracow
Get all-access info about our workshop and get even more details on our fabrics and materials at the segment 'Fabrics and Production' above
- compagnon fans not only love the unique look and luxurious feel of our leather products. Protection for your equipment is great. Our leather is weatherproof, durable and combines with the all-around protective padding to result in a dependable compagnon for many, many years
- compagnon messenger models share a timeless, classic look with modern and functional features being hidden well. For example, the clasp for the main flap is made by the German extreme sport fastener manufacturer Fidlock. It automatically closes by built-in magnets and mechanically locks for extra security and thief-proofing. Still, you can open and close it without a sound within a second just pulling on the flap downwards
- the rear zipper pocket nearly spans the entire width of the bag, providing storage with super easy access
- on the floor of your nano messenger you'll find solid metal feet, which, in combination with the reinforced floor panel, provide dependable footing
- the wide shoulder belt is backed by a high-tenacity military nylon layer. For added comfort, there is a detachable leather & foam shoulder pad, which you can position according to your preference
- even the most dependable shoulder strap will not provide security if loops, carabiners and rings are not top-notch. Our solid metal D-rings, adjusters, and fasteners on the messengers are not just extremely strong but also feature a Gunmetal surface finish for extra protection, durability and unique looks
- the exterior zipper is made by the world leader in zipper technology: YKK. It is unprecedented in ruggedness, durability, and a superior experience of use
- this compagnon comes with 'passive anti-theft' functionality, as it is not recognizable as a camera bag from the outside at all, appearing like a sophisticated small leather bag
- main storage compartment with protective padding all around to ensure safe, flexible transport of your gear
- the interior is lined with a German premium Velcro velours. Its fastening and bonding strength with our velcro pads and accessories exceeds the levels of common Velcro linings. Also, it allows for massively more fastenings and removals than other velours options
- with two Velcro velours dividers to adapt the storage to any kind of kit, even stacking small items on top of each other is possible
- the nano messenger offers just the right amount of capacity you'll need for a compact and light kit. Impossible to overpack and wear yourself down. Enjoy your creative work even more and make covering ground during city walks easy
6.5 inch (height) x 8.7 inch (width) x 4.3 inch (depth)
5.9 inch (height) x 8.6 inch (width) x 3.1-4.3 inch (depth)
ca. 0.6 kg
Leather & materials Gen III
New Generation IIIGen III compagnons break new ground while still sticking to the beloved specs and features of its predecessors. To blend indulgence and true ecological awareness even more, we stuck to an all natural tanning process, which is now carried out very close to our home base in Southern Germany. Our new compagnon leather is barrel tanned and extensively worked and refined by hand. The German raw leather builds more character during this process and shows the natural pores and characteristics of the hide more clearly. The pull-up effect of previous models, which built patina and character from use over time, is no longer part of the Generation III. Our latest compagnons will not change during use and not need any time to develop a more characterful color and structure. This change provides an even higher durability and weatherproofing. To achieve these qualities of the Gen III leather, still no chemicals or harmful additives like Chrome are needed. It requires more manual craft, more time, more knowledge and passion. From now on, the sameness of colors on our leather models will also improve so different compagnons made from different hide match each other in color more perfectly. Along with these changes, the surface feel is even smoother for a more luxurious and more valuable experience in use.
Our compagnon Gen III leather, from the first step of its local and traditionally natural crafting, to it dependability for years and years, is an embodiment of a ecologically and socially responsible product.
Finishing our latest Gen III, we refined features and details on our messenger products. As few raw hide had a extra soft rear structure, the lid on all messengers is now double clad with our leather to fully ensure no leather fibres can get into the bag's interior or on your equipment. All weekender & little weekender models use our velcro velour on the lid to allow for even more convenient applications of accessories. The metal parts on our Heritage Line leather bags still feature a Vintage Gunmetal coating to match the dependability of our Generation III models. Measurements and interior dimensions are kept identical to the previous 2.0 models. This way your equipment will fit as usual and you can use accessories and your preferred setup with the latest models perfectly.
We continue to use a hidden front closure made by German extreme sports brand Fidlock for all messenger models. An incredible, magnetically closing mechanism and securely hatching. Simple pull the bag's lid downwards top open. Light, durable, super secure and operating absolutely silent.
Leather and manufacturing
Natural compagnon LederNatural & traditional crafting methods carried out by local partners are and have been a must for compagnon products for years. Starting in summer 2022, our exclusive compagnon leather is headed towards even higher levels of quality. Using selected German cow hide, a local and strictly natural tanning process creates a durable but still smooth leather for our Heritage Line bags and backpacks. Each hide, and respectively each compagnon product made from it, shows unique structure and character, reflecting the life of that very animal. Achieving absolute sameness in look, which can only be achieved by housing the animal close to 100 percent of its life, is something we do not believe in. A near-natural, better than appropriate life of the animals used for compagnon products are of utmost importance. This provides a responsible, but also beautiful and natural compagnon leather.
Despite its amazing look, feel and quality, no harmful chemicals are needed to create genuine compagnon leather. It is completely safe and harmless to your health (or everyone's health around you), even in intense use. We do not use harmful ingredients like chrome or chemical agents to achieve absolute color sameness in our tanning. With generations of leather tanning experience, we can achieve consistent colors with natural processes alone. Also, compagnon leather is a strictly local product for which the know-how of small, family-run businesses is combined. As we do not recommend putting chemical, industrial leather care products on such a pure leather product, we created our personally(!) homemade, fully organic ‚the beewax‘ leather care. It refreshes the color and the original weatherproofing as well as keeping the leather from drying out.
All compagnon leather products are meticulously handcrafted in our workshop close to the city of Cracow. Find out more in our behind-the-scenes tour at our workshop where all our leather and canvas bags & backpacks are made.
Scope of delivery
- 2x separator pad small
- 1x leather shoulder strap pad (detachable)
0 of 0 reviews