Your days as a pack mule are finally numbered. This compagnon is your solution for easily limiting yourself to bare necessities, being light, efficient, cool and dapper. Stunning handcrafted appeal in German bull leather.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 121
- Model color:
- Depending on the number of lenses & camera size(s) you can even fit multiple camera bodies
- compact mirrorless cameras like Leica M10, Leica Q2, Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Fujifilm X-T4 and similar
- compact APS-C DSLR bodies like Canon EOS 850D, Nikon D5600, and others
- lenses with a max length of about 15 centimeters do fit in the main storage vertically
- horizontally the bag can accommodate a camera-lens combo up to 21 centimeters long overall
- the height of the nano messenger can accommodate compact zoom lenses like a 16-35 f/4
- the nano messenger is perfectly suited for compact, fast primes like Leica Summilux 28mm f1.7 or Leica Noctilux-M 75mm f1.25
- the front slide-in pocket can fit a smartphone, filter case or similar
- wallet, keys, filters, compact powerbank or various other small utensils will fit in the exterior rear pocket
Features & Specs
Fabrics and Craftsmanship
- tradition of the finest leather crafting, resulting in a camera bag in timeless design. Its exterior looks like a dapper leather bag without any hints of its purpose as a pro-grade camera & gear bag
- fair responsible manufacturing with minimized ecological footprint is crucial for us. The hide for our famous leather originates from pastures in southern Germany, often even directly from our home region itself. We do not believe in all-time animal housing, and we do not purchase hide of cattle kept inside too much. Our leathers show unique pores and certain irregularities, reflecting the free and pristine life of the animal
- all compagnon leathers are created by a small, family-owned, traditional tannery in Germany. Strictly sticking to vegetal, natural tanning without using chemicals to achieve color or a certain feel. All that's needed is craftsmanship and attention to detail
- the natural tanning process incorporates organic oils and waxes into the pores of the leather. These make sure even the leather on the messengers offers dependable weatherproofing. Putting some organic leather care, like our homemade 'the beewax', on the leather every 6-12 months will keep it weatherproof year after year
- compagnon leather products are made by our experienced seamstresses, artisans, and craftsmen in our workshop near the city of Cracow
Get all-access info about our workshop and get even more details on our fabrics and materials at the segment 'Fabrics and Production' above
- compagnon fans not only love the unique look and luxurious feel of our leather products. Protection for your equipment is great. Our leather is weatherproof, durable and combines with the all-around protective padding to result in a dependable compagnon for many, many years
- compagnon messenger models share a timeless, classic look with modern and functional features being hidden well. For example, the clasp for the main flap is made by the German extreme sport fastener manufacturer Fidlock. It automatically closes by built-in magnets and mechanically locks for extra security and thief-proofing. Still, you can open and close it without a sound within a second just pulling on the flap downwards
- the rear zipper pocket nearly spans the entire width of the bag, providing storage with super easy access
- on the floor of your nano messenger you'll find solid metal feet, which, in combination with the reinforced floor panel, provide dependable footing
- the wide shoulder belt is backed by a high-tenacity military nylon layer. For added comfort, there is a detachable leather & foam shoulder pad, which you can position according to your preference
- even the most dependable shoulder strap will not provide security if loops, carabiners and rings are not top-notch. Our solid metal D-rings, adjusters, and fasteners on the messengers are not just extremely strong but also feature a Gunmetal surface finish for extra protection, durability and unique looks
- the exterior zipper is made by the world leader in zipper technology: YKK. It is unprecedented in ruggedness, durability, and a superior experience of use
- this compagnon comes with 'passive anti-theft' functionality, as it is not recognizable as a camera bag from the outside at all, appearing like a sophisticated small leather bag
- main storage compartment with protective padding all around to ensure safe, flexible transport of your gear
- the interior is lined with a German premium Velcro velours. Its fastening and bonding strength with our velcro pads and accessories exceeds the levels of common Velcro linings. Also, it allows for massively more fastenings and removals than other velours options
- with two Velcro velours dividers to adapt the storage to any kind of kit, even stacking small items on top of each other is possible
- the nano messenger offers just the right amount of capacity you'll need for a compact and light kit. Impossible to overpack and wear yourself down. Enjoy your creative work even more and make covering ground during city walks easy
Unique compagnon leather
Genuine compagnon bull leather is tanned and toned according to our strict specifications by a traditional family run tannery in Northern Germany. Maintaining the natural qualities of this wonderful material is the main focus in this process. Traditional craftsmanship and the use of organic ingredients like various waxes and oils result in the unique ‘pull-up’ characteristic. This feature is a permanent quality that allows for the leather to retain distinctive patina from the individual use of the bag, backpack or camera strap. Therefore the owner and his surroundings have an immediate influence on the looks, feel and character of the product and its change over time. Just like vintage leather armchairs found at an old colonial club room, a compagnon product will tell stories about its life and the adventures its been on together with its owner. Unlike any other bag, a compagnon will grow on you and will become a part of your history and your emotions.
compagnon leather is non-toxic and safe for all children and adults, even in intense use and prolonged skin contact.
This is one of the reasons why we’re strictly recommending our compagnon ‘the beewax’ as the preferred leather care product. In most other leather care products, toxic chemicals or additives are used, which will compromise the unharmful quality of compagnon leather.
The ‘beewax’ is handmade by compagnon using solely organic ingredients. The ‘beewax’ is available at our webshop.
compagnon products are handmade in Europe.
Take our tour behind the scenes and find out about craftsmanship and manufacturing at compagnon.
(video features English subtitles.)
Scope of delivery
– 2x 2x separator pad small
– 1x leather shoulder strap pad (detachable)
Traumtasche für analoge Kamera
Diese Tasche duftet herrlich nach hochwertigem Leder und alle Details sind durchdacht und hochwertig. Zum Beispiel hat der Tragegurt von der Innenseite eine Stoff (Nylon?) Beschichtung, man muss sich also keine Sorgen machen, dass das Leder auf empfindlichen Klamotten abfärben könnte. Das Leder ist butterweich und ich kann mich garnicht "satt fühlen" ;-) Ich habe eine analoge Olympus OM-2 Kamera und die Tasche ist perfekt dafür. Olympus, Extra Objektiv, Ersatzfilme, Batterien, Geld, Schlüssel und auf geht's :-) Auch ohne Kamera drin, ist sie meine neue Lieblingshandtasche. So etwas findet man nicht so einfach.. Für jede Frau, die auch Outdoor gerne schick sein möchte! Sie unterstreicht den natürlichen Style :-) Ich liebe sie!! Danke Compagnon :-)
" Nano messenger " - Idealer Begleiter für die street Fotografie
Seit der Photo+Adventure in Duisburg habe ich, in Ergänzung zum "medium messenger", nun auch meinen "nano". Die kleine Tasche ist der ideale Begleiter für die street Fotografie und bietet hinreichend Platz für eine Fuji X-T2 Kamera mit zwei Wechselobjektiven. In den Seitentaschen lässt sich zusätzlich noch etwas an Kleinkram unterbringen. Wie bereits der "medium messenger" ist der "nano" bestens in der Verarbeitung.
Perfect bag for my use
I bought this amazing leather camera bag for my daily carrier. The leather is softer than mainstream competitors and the inside is sturdy enough to protect my gear without being overly boxy. This is the perfect inbetween size that isn't commonplace. Others are either a little wider with a single flap/buckle (the common messenger style) and are too cumbersome to carry around daily; Or they look like fat, square tumblers. I carry my daily mirrorless with 1 or 2 extra lenses, the couple extra pockets are useful too if you decide to utilize them. Might get the larger sizes as well in the future. Keep up the good work, I'm impressed.