– Full frame DSLR body with battery grip and mounted 24-70mm f2.8 zoom lens
– alternatively two mirrorless systems like a Panasonic Lumix DMC GX8, Olympus OM-D E-M10, Fuji X-T10, Leica M9, Leica Q, Leica T, Sony A7 R II, Sony A6000 ect.
– two smaller prime lenses or one larger zoom like a 70-200mm (off camera)
– separate 13″ tablet and notebook compartment next to the main storage compartment, ideal up to 13″ Macbook or iPad Pro
– space for documents, keys, batteries and more in the rear side zipper pocket
– two detachable mesh zipper pockets for filters, lens caps, lens cloth and other utensils (included).
– detachable memory card holder for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) that can be individually positioned or taken out easily (included)
– hidden zipper pocket on the front offers added security and protection for valuables like cash, wallet, passport and so on
– incredibly versatile front zipper pocket features slots for your smartphone, lens pens, writing utensils and stores batteries, remotes, chargers and various kinds of other equipment
Measurements & weighthide
– 26 cm (height) x 33 cm (width) x 14 cm
– 23 cm (height) x 31 cm (width) x 13 cm (floor depth)
Laptop & tablet compartment
– 33.5 cm (width), ideal for e.g. Macbook Pro or iPads (up to iPad Pro)
– about 1.6 kg
Information on genuine compagnon leatherhide
Original compagnon bull leather is tanned and toned according to our strict specifications by a traditional family run tannery in Northern Germany. Maintaining the natural qualities of this wonderful material is the main focus in this process. Traditional craftsmanship and the use of organic ingredients like various waxes and oils result in the unique ‘pull-up’ characteristic. This feature is a permanent quality that allows for the leather to retain distinctive patina from the individual use of the bag, backpack or camera strap. Therefore the owner and his surroundings have an immediate influence on the looks, feel and character of the product and its change over time. Just like vintage leather armchairs found at an old colonial club room, a compagnon product will tell stories about its life and the adventures its been on together with its owner. Unlike any other bag, a compagnon will grow on you and will become a part of your history and your emotions.
compagnon leather is non-toxic and safe for all children and adults, even in intense use and prolonged skin contact.
This is one of the reasons why we’re strictly recommending our compagnon ‘the beewax’ as the preferred leather care product. In most other leather care products, toxic chemicals or additives are used, which will compromise the unharmful quality of compagnon leather.
The ‘beewax’ is handmade by compagnon using solely organic ingredients. The ‘beewax’ is available at our webshop.
compagnon products are handmade in Europe. Take our tour behind the scenes and find out about craftsmanship and manufacturing at compagnon.
(video features English subtitles.)
Pricing & Info on non-European Ordershide
For deliveries to U.S. territory no further import duty & taxes will apply. There will be no extra charges added to net product price & shipping cost.
More information on delivery, shipping and billing
can be found in our FAQs.
Category: Leather Camerabags
For many photographers the medium messenger offers a perfect size factor.
Timeless classic design just like its smaller and bigger brothers.
Naturally tanned bull leather from Northern Germany for a camera bag that, carefully handmade in Europe, will be your friend and compagnon for many years to come.
Perfect size for up to two Sony A7 R II with 2-4 lenses or alternatively a Nikon D810 DSLR with 2-3 lenses. It can take a Macbook and a lot more equipment on top of that!
Back in stock. Ready for shipping.
– 2 mirrorless cameras like the Olympus O-MD E-M1, Olympus O-MD E-M5, Olympus O-MD M10, Fuji X Pro 2, Sony A6300, Sony A7, Leica M6, Leica M240, Leica T, Leica Q and many more.
– alternatively a full frame DSLR (with battery grip) like for example the Nikon D810 or Canon 6D with 24-70mm f2.8 zoom lens mounted
– two compact prime lenses, alternatively a larger zoom lens (like a 70-200mm) off camera
– separate, padded 13″ notebook & tablet compartment on the inside, perfect up to Macbook Pro or iPad Pro
– rear side zipper pocket for documents and valuables
– two detachable zipper pockets with velcro for storing filters, lens caps, cleaning utensils and so on
– various versatile pockets on the front for batteries, filter packs, lens pens, smartphone, keys, wallet and more
– detachable memory card holder (included) for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) that can be positioned individually or taken out altogether in a second
– premium, smooth bull leather, traditionally & naturally tanned in Northern Germany
– solid metal parts featuring a “matte black gunmetal” finish
– tucked, doubly sewn edges all around for a truly unique quality look and feel
– new high tech magnetic clasp made by German manufacturer Fidlock. This clasp is revered in extreme sports as it latches once closed so it won’t open by accident no matter how the bag is loaded or its carrier moves. But the clasp can still be opened quickly, silently and easily with a single hand
– the new rear grab handle adds significant convenience to the handling of the bag and it also doubles as a trolley mount (fitting all standard trolley handles)
– highly practical front pocket that is also secured by the main flap
– rear pocket now nearly spans the entire width of the bag so there’s more room for all kinds of equipment
– extra secure, hidden zipper pocket between main storage and front pocket
– zippers made by the best zipper manufacturer in the world: YKK. The zippers also feature a water repellant coating
– doubly sewn shoulder strap with a tear proof belt as its base layer features a detachable, comfortable leather shoulder cushion
– the bags floor is protected by solid metal studs, which also make sure it won’t ever tip over once set down
– we also added 10 centimeters to the leather shoulder strap so even very tall users can enjoy full comfort and flexibility
Is it possible to pick up or check out this compagnon locally?
75217 Birkenfeld near Pforzheim/Karlsruhe/Stuttgart
If our flagship store is too far off for you, you’ll find one of our official retailers here.
319.00 € incl. Tax
268.07 € excl. Tax
Leather Camerabags, Camera Backpacks & Travelbags549.00 € incl. Tax
461.34 € excl. Tax
219.00 € incl. Tax
184.03 € excl. Tax
429.00 € incl. Tax
360.50 € excl. Tax