Your days as a pack mule are finally numbered. There's a solution for easily limiting yourself to bare necessities, being light, efficient, cool and dapper: the nano messenger. Everything you really need to have your camera at hand without having to deny yourself the freedom to enjoy yourself and your surroundings. That's pure luxury in an creative daily routine & for travel.
Ready for shipping. Please note: Limited first batch - may sell out quickly.
– mirrorless camera with mounted compact zoom lens (vertically)
– alternatively a small DSLR like Canon 800D or Nikon D3400 with compact zoom lens (vertically)
– additional small prime lens off camera with vertically standing camera + lens combo
– in horizontal position even larger mounted lenses can be transported, e.g. Canon 800D with Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Art, Nikon D3400 with Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art or Sony A7 S II with FE 90mm f2.8 Macro G
– space for documents, keys, batteries and more in the rear side zipper pocket
– versatile front slide-in pocket that’s ideal for your smartphone, lens pens, batteries, filters, business cards or cash
Measurements & weighthide
– 6.5 in (height) x 9 in (width) x 4.3 in (floor depth)
– 16,5 cm (height) x 22 cm (width) x 11 cm (floor depth)
– 5.9 in (height) x 8.6 in (width) x 3.1-3.9 in (floor depth)
– 15 cm (height) x 22 cm (width) x 8-10 cm (floor depth)
– about 600 grams
Information on genuine compagnon leatherhide
Original compagnon bull leather is tanned and toned according to our strict specifications by a traditional family run tannery in Northern Germany. Maintaining the natural qualities of this wonderful material is the main focus in this process. Traditional craftsmanship and the use of organic ingredients like various waxes and oils result in the unique ‘pull-up’ characteristic. This feature is a permanent quality that allows for the leather to retain distinctive patina from the individual use of the bag, backpack or camera strap. Therefore the owner and his surroundings have an immediate influence on the looks, feel and character of the product and its change over time. Just like vintage leather armchairs found at an old colonial club room, a compagnon product will tell stories about its life and the adventures its been on together with its owner. Unlike any other bag, a compagnon will grow on you and will become a part of your history and your emotions.
compagnon leather is non-toxic and safe for all children and adults, even in intense use and prolonged skin contact.
This is one of the reasons why we’re strictly recommending our compagnon ‘the beewax’ as the preferred leather care product. In most other leather care products, toxic chemicals or additives are used, which will compromise the unharmful quality of compagnon leather.
The ‘beewax’ is handmade by compagnon using solely organic ingredients. The ‘beewax’ is available at our webshop.
compagnon products are handmade in Europe. Take our tour behind the scenes and find out about craftsmanship and manufacturing at compagnon.
(video features English subtitles.)
Pricing & Info on non-European Ordershide
For deliveries to U.S. territory no further import duty & taxes will apply. There will be no extra charges added to net product price & shipping cost.
More information on delivery, shipping and billing
can be found in our FAQs.
Categories: Leather Camerabags
– 1 mirrorless cameras like the Olympus O-MD E-M5, Olympus O-MD E-M10, Sony A6500, Fuji XT10, Sony A7, Leica M6, Leica M (262), Leica T, Leica Q and many others
– alternatively a compact DSLR like for example the Canon 800D, Nikon D3400 or Panasonic GH5
– one additional small prime lens or other small equipment
– possible camera body + lens combinations that will fit in the nano messenger standing upright:
- Canon 800D with EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6
- Fujifilm X-T2 with Fujinon XF 18-35mm f3.5-5.6
- Sony A7R II with Sony FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6
- Leica M (262) with Leica Summicron-M 90mm f2
- turning the camera to horizontal position even larger kits are possible, like an 800D with Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Art or Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art
– rear side zipper pocket for documents and valuables
– the slide-in front pocket is ideal for batteries, filters, lens pens, smartphone, business cards and/or some cash
– premium, smooth bull leather, traditionally & naturally tanned in Northern Germany
– solid metal parts featuring a “Vintage Gunmetal” finish
– tucked, doubly sewn edges all around for a truly unique quality look and feel
– new high tech magnetic clasp made by German manufacturer Fidlock. This clasp is revered in extreme sports as it latches once closed so it won’t open by accident no matter how the bag is loaded or its carrier moves. But the clasp can still be opened quickly, silently and easily with a single hand
– rear zipper pocket nearly spans the entire width of the bag so there’s more room for all kinds of equipment
– compagnon zippers are made by the best zipper manufacturer in the world: YKK. The zipper also feature a water repellant coating
– doubly sewn shoulder strap with a tear proof belt as its base layer features a detachable, comfortable leather shoulder cushion
– the bags floor is protected by solid metal studs, which also make sure it won’t ever tip over once set down
– the leather shoulder strap, in its widest setting, is about 1.5 meters long so even very tall users can enjoy full comfort and flexibility
Is it possible to pick up or check out this compagnon locally?
75217 Birkenfeld near Pforzheim/Karlsruhe/Stuttgart
If our flagship store is too far off for you, you’ll find one of our official retailers here.
459.00 € incl. Tax
385.71 € excl. Tax
319.00 € incl. Tax
268.07 € excl. Tax
549.00 € incl. Tax
461.34 € excl. Tax
459.00 € incl. Tax
385.71 € excl. Tax