in light brown & dark brown
The new little weekender will match many storage monsters out there while maintaining a dapper and sleek exterior size. Its elegant, smart travel bag appeal, boasting pure natural German bull leather, means it's far from looking like a camera bag at all. Still, its timeless design includes all those features creative people require.
In essence it's a modern & functional camera bag with a handmade, classic globetrotter look.
Ready for shipping. Please note: Limited first batch - may sell out quickly.
– 1-2 professional full frame DSLR bodies, e.g. a Canon 5D Mark IV or Nikon D800 with mounted 24-105mm f4 L, 16-35mm f2.8 L or resp. Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8 (in vertical arrangement) or attached 70-200mm f2.8 (horizontal arrangement)
– with a compact DSLR like the Canon 80D with mounted 135mm f2 L lens in vertical arrangement you can add a Sigma 18-35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4 and up to 3 additional smaller lenses or off-camera flashes to your setup
– alternatively you can load 2 mirrorless cameras like the Sony A6500 or Fuji X Pro 2 (even more with compact bodies and lenses) with a variety of prime lenses or compact zooms
– combos like the Fuji XT2 with Fujinon XF 90mm f2 or XF 55-200mm or Leica M10 with Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm can easily be stored vertically, having available space for up to 7 additional compact lenses like the Leica Summicron-M 50mm f2
– separate padded interior laptop compartment for Macbook Pro or similar notebook up to 13 inch
– exterior rear zipper pocket can store many important documents or even an iPad mini or similar tablet
– large interior zipper pocket and various other compartments take lens hoods or caps, filters, memory cards, sunglasses, headphones, smartphone, wallet and more
– all separator pads can be taken out in seconds turning the little weekender into a stylish and conveniently compact travel bag for your essential belongings on the go as well as a mirrorless camera
Measurements & weighthide
– 9.8 in (height) x 15.1 in (width) x 9.4 in (depth, incl. front pockets)
– 9 in (height) x 14.5 in (width) x 8.6 in (floor depth)
about 1.5 kg
Information on genuine compagnon leatherhide
Authentic German compagnon bull leather is tanned and toned according to our strict specifications by a small, family-run tannery in Germany. Maintaining the natural qualities of this wonderful material is the main focus in this process. Traditional craftsmanship and the use of organic ingredients like various waxes and oils result in the unique ‘pull-up’ characteristic. This feature is a permanent quality that allows for the leather to retain distinctive patina from the individual use of the bag, backpack or camera strap. Therefore the owner and his surroundings have an immediate influence on the looks, feel and character of the product and its change over time. Just like vintage leather armchairs found at an old colonial club room, a compagnon product will tell stories about its life and the adventures its been on together with its owner. Unlike any other bag, a compagnon will grow on you and will become a part of your history and your emotions. Typically, brighter leather tones tend to retain a more characteristic patina than darker colors.
compagnon leather is non-toxic and safe for all children and adults, even in intense use and prolonged skin contact.
This is one of the reasons why we’re strictly recommending our compagnon ‘the beewax’ as the preferred leather care product. In most other leather care products, toxic chemicals or additives are used, which will compromise the unharmful quality of compagnon leather.
The ‘beewax’ is handmade by compagnon using solely organic ingredients. The ‘beewax’ is available at our webshop.
compagnon products are handmade in Europe. Take our tour behind the scenes and find out about craftsmanship and manufacturing at compagnon.
(video features English subtitles.)
Pricing & Info on non-European Ordershide
is delivered to a country outside the EU,
we’ll exclude the German VAT/Tax for you.
The excl. tax price will apply to your order.
More information on delivery, shipping and billing
can be found in our FAQs.
Categories: Leather Camerabags
The little weekender can pull off a real feat: It offers all the advantages and convenience of a large camera bag, a huge handy opening granting easy access, its measurements provide an incredibly versatile storage with great capacity but it actually looks like a smart & casual little travel bag that pours the magical feeling of traveling and discovering your surroundings into your everyday routine. It’s great to carry because of its compact size and moderate weight, even fully loaded. You can always choose between the awesome shoulder strap and the comfortable grab handles. And once it’s time to actually get on a plane, this carry-on compliant compagnon is absolutely perfect, too.
The little weekender was designed for the following example equipment
– 1-2 full frame DSLR bodies, including battery grip as required
– a Canon 5DS R or Nikon D810 body with mounted 24-105mm f4L, 16-35mm f2.8 L or resp. Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8 can be stored standing vertically
– with a DSLR + lens in vertical arrangement, up to 5 additional lenses (depending individual size) and/or speedlights / off-camera flashes or similar items can be stored
– alternatively 2 mirrorless cameras (more when using compact bodies and lenses) with a variety of lenses can be stored conveniently and ready to shoot
– combos like the Fuji XT2 with mounted Fujinon XF 90mm f2 or XF 55-200mm can easily be stored vertically, leaving enough room for up to 7 additional primes / compact zooms
– separate, padded 13″ laptop compartment for Macbook Pro, secured by a leather strap
– versatile large interior pocket and holding loops for smartphone, writing utensils, lens pens and many more small items like batteries, chargers, wires and so on
– premium, smooth bull leather, traditionally & naturally tanned in Northern Germany
– tucked, doubly sewn edges all around for an elegant and truly special look and feel
– solid metal parts featuring a “Vintage Gunmetal” finish
– handle grips made from highly durable sleek leather (belt leather) that can handle years of wear & tear
– press stud locked leather sleeve around the handle grips holds the grips in place and improves carrying comfort
– doubly sewn shoulder strap with a tear proof belt as its base layer features a detachable, comfortable leather shoulder cushion.
– shoulder strap is detachable due to solid metal carabiners
– two versatile exterior zipper pockets offer lots of space for small items like batteries, wires, lens caps, filter stacks, tissues, smartphone and much more
– the zippers of the front pockets are covered by a leather overlap and thus well protected from the weather
– the main storage compartment can be opened singlehandedly with smooth twin zippers connected by a leather handle
– all zippers are made the world’s best manufacturer, YKK, also providing water resistant coating
– the storage cover flap easily falls into place closing the bag due to sewn in magnets
– the rear zipper pocket offers room for documents, wallet, smartphone or even an iPad mini
– a rear trolley or suitcase mount adds convenience and comfort to traveling with your compagnon bag
– the bags floor is protected by solid metal studs
Is it possible to pick up or check out this compagnon locally?
75217 Birkenfeld near Pforzheim/Karlsruhe/Stuttgart
If our flagship store is too far off for you, you’ll find one of our official retailers here.
459.00 € incl. Tax
385.71 € excl. Tax
459.00 € incl. Tax
385.71 € excl. Tax
319.00 € incl. Tax
268.07 € excl. Tax
549.00 € incl. Tax
461.34 € excl. Tax